Thursday, February 5, 2015

First things first I'm the _________

If you finished that sentence with REALEST then you deserve a cupcake & a back massage or something because Iggy is fabulous. I digress- I am obssesed with REALNESS. I love it. Nothing makes me want to give someone a fist bump more than when they are keeping it real. I love people who know who they are and they don't care what others think. Or people who do care what others think and still chose to be themselves.
 I love when you post pictures on instagram about things that you love or selfies that you feel like you look hella good in. I love when you show the world sides of yourself that aren't perfect and that are hard to share. I love when you write posts about your day and you don't leave out the part where you decided to go to Sodalicious and get a Dirty Dr Pepper instead of working out. Or you bumped into a car at the grocery store because you were to busy jamming out to Drake instead of paying attention to where you were backing up.  Or you forgot to take the lasagna out of the oven and the fire alarm went off and you had to pick up Little Caesars pizza  instead. Or that time you were at the gym and biffed it off an exercise ball in front of an attractive guy. I like when you pin whatever pin you want on pinterest and don't worry about others judging you because it has a cuss word in it or that you have a tattoo board even though you'd never really get one.  I like when you post about your flaws or confessions not to get attention, but to just be honest.
Realness is beautiful in every sense of the word. And it's so easy to compare ourselves to others and try to fit into this mold that the world has made for us. Because I hate feeling like my Instagram pictures have to be perfectly filtered with a perfect caption that shows how happy and flawless and perfect my life is. And I hate feeling like I can't post all the things that make me happy and good things that happened because people will think I'm being too fake.  I hate feeling like I have to edit over my Blog posts 3-4 times so that it will relate to people or if i'm being too honest or if it's not cute and catchy enough. We can't make everyone happy, but we can be real and ourselves and hope for the best.
It just drives me crazy when I'm looking through the comments of famous instagrammers or bloggers and people are accusing them of things in a negative way. Judging them on wearing bikinis when the church they attend doesn't support it. Chastising people for only posting things that make their lives appear perfect. Disapproving of their life choices that don't affect the commenter AT ALL. Making negative comments out of jealousy. We've all probably thought similar things and made judgments internally because we are human but...what is the point. Maybe her hair IS perfect all the time. Maybe she loves posting pictures of her fitness progress beacuse she is proud of herself.  Maybe she didn't have time to get her kids dressed this morning because of a life crisis. Maybe her house IS spotless all the time. We all have things that are priorities to us and we are all so DIFFERENT. That should make us adore people, not hurtfully judge them.
I just love when people are open about their thoughts, opinions, stories, and feelings. And when you can tell they are saying & doing things that make them THEM.  YOU DO YOU. Basically  I just feel like we should all support and love each other more.

xo
bay

No comments:

Post a Comment