Tuesday, January 13, 2015

plot twist: my life

Hello Upper East Siders, I know you all probably missed me. Long story short I had some unfinished business I needed to take care of in Idaho. Examples could be: Endoscopy, Colonoscopy, Gall Bladder removal. Fun stuff right? Ha no. As much as I'd love to share all my experiences about stomach & bowel issues, I won't- you're welcome. So here's a vague picture I will paint for you-consider it a water color.

Over the summer I had some issues so I tried going gluten free and dairy free multiple times to see if that would help. Nope, not really. I just dealt with it and diagnosed myself with irritable bowel syndrome. I hated eating because it didn't make me feel good. And if that isn't the worst thing ever, I don't know what it is. As fall and winter came around I had just learned to deal with it. New Year's I started getting SUPER sick. Flu x 10. More physically ill than i'd ever been. Including an extreme pain between my shoulder blades (#gallbladderalert). Then after a while it would completely go away and it was as if nothing happened. Then the next day it would happen at a completely different time, last a few hours and go away. And this continued on for the whole week and pepto became my bff.

Last Monday was my first day of my clinical so I only ate an apple hoping I would be able to contain my raging bowels. FALSE. It was WWIII (does that stand for World War 3? Cause that's what I meant)  inside my stomach. More pain and sickness than I'd ever experienced.  I literally felt like I was dying (not being dramatic). And I got sent home from my clinical due to spending half the time in the bathroom, called my mom balling, and headed back to Idaho that afternoon (lol I just made all this sickness up and just wanted to see my family again..). We spent this last week at Dr. offices if that doesn't tell you anything. Blood tests, lab work, an endoscopy, colonoscopy, and then concluded with the removal of my gall bladder. How cute of it to decide to act up NOW instead of during Christmas break when I wouldn't have to miss school?

*Side Note: I'm terrified of needles and surgical procedures of all sorts. I pass out usually and just can't handle them. PTSD from getting my tonsils out when I was 9? Possibly.  But I did surprisingly well.*
Endoscopy was fine..and I learned your eyes stay open when you are under anesthesia? Creepy. But luckily they taped mine shut. Then the colonoscopy. Honestly the prep was the worst thing I have ever experienced. Not even kidding. It was beyond terrible. Pretty sure Satan invented it. It's 16 oz of hatred and darkness. It took me 1 hour to down it. Full of crying and gagging after every sip. I tried things like pretending I was on Fear Factor....telling myself I could see Harry Styles if I finished this...that I was at a party and it was just nasty vodka (lol, I don't even drink?) and nothing worked. I said like 8 million prayers and yah.. it was the worst. And then it got 1000x worse when I realized I would have to take it again in 8 hours. I dreaded the morning...and woke up an extra hour early to try and get it over with. This time I had a revelation and poured it all in Gatorade. So I had double the drink, but 3/4 of the taste. So this time there was less tears and gagging. So when yall get older and have to get that done...ha. Then the next day I had my gall bladder out and so that's all sorts of fun. Spent the day at the hospital and had some issues but I am having a really good recovery now! I don't know why all this fun stuff happened to me this week, but I'm grateful for the people who helped me out & did a 3 month process in 1 week.  I now have 4 cute scars on my tummy and have gotten to watch almost all 2 seasons of Arrow and drank more apple juice than I ever imagined.
So I hope you all have had a wonderful week & eaten greasy/fatty foods because I can't.

xoxo
Bailey

1 comment:

  1. i love that you started with that line:) my favorite show! girl i hope you get feeling better! i am sending my love your way:)

    ReplyDelete