Here's the thing. I love blogging. I think it is a great way to document feelings, emotions, pictures, opinions, and life events. It's fun to be updated on people's lives and be inspired/sympathetic/relatable ect. I think for me, I sometimes I feel pressured by the blogging world. There are so many beautiful fashion bloggers, creative DIY bloggers, inspirational life style bloggers, photography bloggers and so on. I admire them all. And there's been times when I wanted to work super hard to become noticed and get sponsors and do product placement and become well known... but to me that is exhausting and I find a lot of them become too commercial to keep it up. And I blog because I love to Blog. And I don't have to be famous and fabulous for people to like to read my Blog. Don't get me wrong--those people that Blog for a career are so admirable and I LOVE reading their posts... but I am not them. And sometimes I feel pressure to try and be like them? So more people will like me? So more people will think I'm great? And that's pathetic...and I realized that today. And that's probably why I haven't blogged for a while. And I go through blogging phases. I hate sitting in front of this screen and over thinking every word that I write to try and please others or to try and create a perfect post. I think I just realized all this today... don't get me wrong- I love when people read my Blog and I hope others are inspired and enjoy reading about what goes through my brain. And to be honest I don't know why I'm even writing this haha. I have nothing to prove or admit... but I just wanted to share my realization. That this is MY blog and I want to write it for me and those who enjoy seeing my words. I don't want to write to impress. I don't want to write to compete. I don't want to write to be someone I'm not. I want to write for what I am. So as I change my brains processing right now, I hope I can be more open and relatable. Because that's what I like to be. I like being me.
So want to know what I did these past few days? Cool. Last weekend I recovered from surgery and took it easy but fit in time to go to Velour (A live music gallery where local bands come and play) and it was SOOO fun. Felt "so Provo" and loved every second of it. I don't know why I haven't been before. Good vibes all around. Then this weekend I went to a gymnastics gym with some friends and realized how much I miss my gymnast and cheerleading days (and how out of shape I am) haha. It was super fun! Ended the night with Sodalicious (fru fru drink shop that mixes flavors and is all sorts of fattening and yummy) and hanging out with friends. This week was good. I'm enjoying my internship and learning so much- this will be a separate blog post when I get around to it. Then last night I went to see one of my faaaave bands, The National Parks. I've been a fan of theirs for over a year now and literally every time I would plan to go see them live something came up. So FINALLY we got to go and it was one of the best concerts I've been to! Not only that but we got to meet Brady Parks (lead singer) and fall in love so that was great. And life is great.
xoxo
Bay




No comments:
Post a Comment