Lately I've been thinking a lot. About life in general. But specifically about time. Growing up I remember making up scenarios in my head about the future. Thinking, I can't wait to grow up. I had this image of who and how I wanted to be. I would stay up at night imagining stories and moments in my mind. Like when I would turn 16 and date, when I could drive, when I would leave for college, and when I would get married. I think I secretly thought one day I would just have the life I wanted to live. That one day things would just be different. So I was always looking to the future. But the thing is, life is a progression. Every single day you have the opportunity to be who you want to be and do what you want to do. Lately I've kind of slipped away...I've let my busy school life become my excuse for not having time. Not having time to cook or write or read or journal or hang out. And although I really truly am busy and rarely have free time, I realized it's all a choice. I realized that everyday you have to make the best of the time you have right NOW. I guess I've just kind of thought that when I graduate in May I will finally have time to be me so I just need to sacrifice now. But I can't think that way. Because this is life and this is life right now. I have to do the best that I can to do the things I want right now. There's so many times I think of all the things I want to do. All the pictures I want to print. The clothes I want to buy. The qualities I want to have. It's not all just going to switch one day. Life is a gradual progression and it begins with you deciding what you want and going after it. Simple as that. You can't just keep putting things off into the "one day" bin in your brain.You have to choose each day to become the person you know you can be. So i'm redecorating my apartment. I'm training for a half marathon. I'm eating gluten free. I'm saying what I want to say. I'm reading my scriptures nightly. And i'm becoming effortlessly happy me.
xo
bailz

No comments:
Post a Comment