Tuesday, March 5, 2013

mormon stereotype.

I love being a Mormon.
I love it I love it I love it.
I love what the Gospel teaches and how I know where I cam from, what my purpose is, and where I am going after this life.
It is amazing.
I love the happiness that comes with it's truths and I love the feeling I get when I KNOW it is true.
It is indescribable and I wish with all my heart everyone could experience it, and I hope that they do one day.
I find it funny how there are so many different religions yet "Mormons" seem to stick out.
People like to make judgments and assumptions before they even know half the truth.
There are so many things misinterpreted and I think it is sad.
If you want to know, just ask.
Don't assume and bash and make fun just because you can.
Lately I've been hearing lots of people saying I'm going to be the typical "Mormon girl" who goes off to BYU finds a returned missionary and gets married within a month.
Guys, I'm not even going to BYU and I'm still like 5 years old sometimes.
That's not even in the question.
But it really got me to thinking.
What is so wrong with wanting to get married and start a family if you have found the person who makes you the ultimate happiest?
What is so wrong with wanting a guy who doesn't drink, smoke, and do drugs?
What is so wrong with wanting a guy who is sexually pure and you know can commit seeing that he just dedicated 2 years of his life to teaching the gospel and bringing people happiness?
Obviously it isn't that way every time and all the time..but guys, that's what I want.
And in the gospel, that's what a lot of people want.
Because the people around us, in our wards, who have strived for that are happy.
Purely happy.
What is so wrong with being happy?
It's not just cause we have been "trained" to do that.
Because, if you look around, not every single LDS individual wants that or has that.
It is all personal choice.
Everything is.

xoxo
bailey

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree. You hit the nail on the head homegirl! As for the marriage thing, it may be the right decisions for some to get married when they're younger even though it seems kinda weird.

    Katie
    katieelizabethbaker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete