Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Necessary New Year Blog Post.

I spent the evening reading through my 2012 journal.
All of it.
And as I read, I noticed changes happening.
I saw how the things that happened, the thoughts I had, the feelings I felt brought me to where I am today.
But in all honesty, not everything is happy.
Not everything that I went through was something worthwhile.
Not everything was something I wanted to endure.
I know, we grow through all of our experiences... but some of the things I could have lived without...
Or maybe I couldn't have...
And I notice that recently I've been falling back into my old ways.
The ways that I worked on so hard not being like throughout 2011.
And 2011 was a good year for me.
And then 2012 I began going backwards.
But it should have been the opposite...
But it's because things became real this year.
Real life set in.
Huge changes took place.
I always thought that by my senior year I'd have things figured out.
But in all reality, I feel like I got thrown back into Freshmen year.
Trying to find myself... trying to decide who I want to be... trying to figure out how the rest of my life would be.. figuring out who my true friends are... feeling lost.
But it was all inevitable.
And that is funny to me.
But it is a new year.
And I've grown and changed so much as a person.
And I know who I want to be... who I was meant to be... who I am.
So I'm going to do those kinds of things and think those kind of thoughts to try and reach the happiness I know I want and deserve.
This year might have thrown me back a bit, but it was necessary.
And I know that.
So here's to...

Taking a chance and writing that missionary.
Saying no to someone you knew would not benefit your future.
Finding the career path to go down.
Watching the Titanic for the first time.
Discovering and falling in love with One Direction.
Getting back into cheerleading.
Becoming closer to Morgan and keeping Whitney and Becca around.
Touring colleges.
Following promptings.
Working long hours in a lab and being forced to learn patience and sacrifice.
Realizing that everyone has a story and sometimes you need to take the time to listen.
Understanding that everyone is who they are for a reason and to accept them for it.
Discovering Twitter and how necessary it is to have it. (hit me up, baileynicole02)
Taking a chance on that cute boy you've always wanted to know.
Being honest with yourself.
Watching Pitch Perfect and knowing that Fat Amy was meant to be in your life.
Allowing myself to feel.
Not caring what other people have to say about you, unless it's good.
Realizing the incredible family you have been blessed with and loving them more than ever.

xoxo,
bailey






1 comment:

  1. The more I read your blog, the more I feel we have in common. And the more I realize we feel the same things. Which is a lot. ily

    ReplyDelete