Thursday, January 3, 2013

my first car accident.

Today I slid off the road into a barrow pit.
A barbed wire fence, part of a pipe line, and a green metal thing sticking out of the ground stopped my slide.
I was less than 3 feet away from smashing into a telephone pole, propane line, and an electrical box... so I was lucky.
It all happened so fast I didn't even have time to think, let alone cuss.
I sat stunned as my stomach churned into a million knots and I realized what had happened.
I started balling...because I'm a teenage girl and in moments of despair we do that.
Naturally I called my  mom and Whitney.
2 boys came riding on horses to see if I was okay... which is cool and all and made me feel like I was in an olden day movie.
I got out of my car to see the damage and I cried even more.
Passenger side mirror ripped off, completely ruined paint job, dented front end.
I was okay and all...but my car...
And Side Note: I am completely confident in tell you that I am a safe safe driver...and I was being cautious and going 25 mph...And this just happened.
I hit a patch of ice, car started sliding, crash.
It was a moment of pure helplessness.
And I hate that feeling.
One moment I was doing a 100% routine thing...and then BAM!
My car began hurdling off the road into a fence.
I feel awful...and pitiful...and anxious.
But as Whitney so comfortingly said, "It could've happened to anyone. Seriously. It would've happened to Will Smith or Hugh Jackman if they had been driving there."
And I know, at least I'm okay...and shiz happen...and there's nothing I can do about it now...
But I am so sick to my stomach and I don't ever want to drive in the snow ever again.

xoxo,
Bailey

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh :( I'm so sorry, girl! I remember my car accident. It was super super bad. And I was in my mom's car. I didn't ever want to drive again either. But you'll get through your phobia..I think :) Have a great week & treat yourself to lots of yummy smoothies or something. I mean, there's an excuse for all that, right? :)

    amanda @ we and serendipity

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness! i am so glad that youre okay! i got in an accident a couple years ago and cried because i was so scared the whole time. i love your guts bailz! i would totally come bring you ice cream if you lived closer

    ReplyDelete