Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Fair.

A term that may be slightly foreign to some people...maybe just a word that is instantly followed by an image of a bunch of hicks in plaid button up shirts,cowboy boots, and huge belt buckles. It's okay, it's reasonable and actually decently correct.
It's a place full of (amazingly) over priced fatty foods, farm animals galore, carnival rides (which leads to constant screaming), and hundreds of people-of any type.
Some people spend their entire summers preparing for this day.
It's slightly ridiculous, but they make bank and get ribbons. (That they can eventually sew together and make one giant quilt and enter that in next years 4H stuff and win another ribbon). People are dedicated and I respect that.
2 years ago I went for the first time (that I can remember) and have been multiple times since.
It's a fun experience and occasionally makes me feel like I am in a movie.
Lat night I went there on a date.
We ate the best maple bars& raspberry lemonade and saw Darryl Worley perform.
Not a big country fan? Neither am I. That name doesn't ring a bell? I hadn't heard of him until last night.
But, he was pretty good and I enjoyed feeling like a country girl for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment