Friday, July 22, 2011

Arms up. Wrists together. Elbows together. Bum out. A Jellyfish, A Jellyfish, A Jellyfish.









            I've never been one to absolutely LOVE going to girls camp. I always end up having a dandy time, but my attitude has never been superb. This year things were different and my experience was supreme.
Rafting, staying up til after midnight every night, the 'Wonder Bag', killing 1000s of bugs that attacked our faces, inside jokes, running away from moths, testimonies, laughing as hard and loud as we can, having some of the Young Men in our stake speak to us, committing to stay worthy so we can enter the temple one day, tears, new best friendships, riding on a mechanic bull, writing each other notes on
"The Praiseworthy Line", strengthening one another, hair tinsel, camp songs...it was all great. My testimony was really strengthened and I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to attend this year.
       I learned lots of lessons that had a huge impact on my life. One thing that I really learned was how dumb and useless jealousy and judging other people in the wrong way is.
     Let me tell you a quick story. Once upon a time there were these 2 groups of girls that spent 4 years of their life not liking one another. One group thought the other girls were dumb because they wore Buckle jeans to camp, and the other group thought that the others thought they were better than them.  Everyonce and a while these 2 groups of girls would see each other at stake events and either a) avoid one another b) fake a smile or c) give a quick little 'hey'. Well once upon a time I decided  it was all pointless because we didn't even know each other. They all decided to sleep in the same cabing and put their differences aside and became really really great-good friends in the space of 5 days. And so far, they are living happily ever after.
      I have really missed out on girls camp for the fact that I could have been best friends with these girls from the start. It would have been way easier that way. We meshed perfectly and had some of the best talks ever. I love those girls now and feel like we have been bestfriends since forever and am looking forward to keeping these new bonds close(:
     BUUUUT, as fun as it was, I am soooo glad to be home and  to shower, be able to sleep in a comfy bed and not have moths dive bomb my face, see my family, wear basketball shorts and, well, I'm excited to sleep-in general. So thuper duper exthited!

"Love is Louder Than The Pressure To Be Perfect."



<3Bailz

No comments:

Post a Comment