Saturday, July 16, 2011

Just do it. Like Nike.

I did it.I completed my very first official 5K run.
And you know what? It wasn't that bad. Not bad at all...
But running still sucks... But I still do it for some crazy reason that only my subconscious understands.
It's a hate-love relationship... I HATE doing it, but I LOVE the feeling I get afterwards..
Along with knowing that I can do something that is hard for me and yet, I accomplish it.
Mind over Body. Mind over Body. Mind over Body. A string of those 3 words run through my mind over and over again when I want to quit.
You can do hard things. That's another common phrase that helps me push a little harder and go a little farther.
This is great. You are great. Sweat is great. Your Nike Free's are great. I will continue to run until I love it. (which means I will probably be running for a long long long time..)It's all good though, because I get to wear cute work-out clothes, which are always good motivation...
And feeling healthy is great...and putting your stress elsewhere is wonderful...and doing something that I never thought I would do is exhilarating.
Feeling bored? Go for a run. Think you can't do it? You can. Do you wanna quit as soon as you walk out the front door? You gotta start somewhere.

Wishing you all a happy happy day,
-Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment