I did something today that I never thought I would be able to do.I overcame a fear that I never thought I would be able to concur. I accomplished something that may seem like nothing to you, but to me, it is a HUGE accomplishment. Huge as in a milestone in my life.
Let me take you back to the beginning:
Once upon a time I signed up for drivers ed. The first two classes went pretty swell, mostly just getting to know the car. Then we went out for a real drive. I didn't even have a clue of what the rules were or anything. I didn't know you were supposed to slow the car down when you were going 50mph and need to turn. We almost wrecked. That drivers ed lesson ended in a waterfall of tears and me wanting to quit. Of course, I couldn't and I didn't. The rest of the classes were endured with lots and lots of prayer and church hymns to sing when I felt like passing out. I hated driving. Once I got my permit I refused to drive. My anxiety levels were out of whack. I only drove when I was forced to (Constant fighting fits between me and my parental units). November came and I was legally legible to get my drivers license. HAH. I was planning on muching rides with my fellow friends for the rest of High School and then dealing with the future after I graduated. March came and I got a job. I soon began to realize that I would have to get my license. As dreadful as that reality was to me, I changed my mind set. I convinced myself that I loved driving and that everyone does it, so it can't be that hard. I began driving because I wanted to and decided it is just a part of life. I began feeling more confident and my parents wanted me to get my license, but I told them I refused until I got a car. Being the wonderful beauties they are, they bought a car. I love that car. It is superb. I want to drive it. I went and got my license today.
No comments:
Post a Comment