Friday, June 10, 2011

Birthded by one, raised by 6

Not only is this picture of my mom, grandma, and 4 aunts, it is a picture of 6 women who have had a huge impact on my life.  Aren't they the cutest?
When we get the opportunity to all be together, all of us kids instantly gain 5 more moms-no questions asked. When somebody calls "mom" they all answer. When we ask a question, they all answer it. When we are arguing, they all get after us for it. It's just the way it is, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

My Mom.
Sooo my mom is going to read this, because apparently she likes to read my blog...and I'm gunna be all embarrassed when she looks at this post and sees that I think shes great. So, instead of writing the novel I could easily write about her, I'll keep it short and sweet. She is amazing and one of the strongest people I know. She is great at being a mom and she is one of my best friends. I know that in Heaven I chose her to be my mom. She gets a gold star for always being there.

Adlina.
Adlina joined our family when she married my Uncle Brett. I was was around the age of 4 and the first memory I have of her is when she walked out of the temple in her wedding dress and I was so excited to have a 'princess' joining our family. I ran up and gave her a hug even though I didn't really know who she was. We have that picture and to this day it makes me smile. She is great at photography and I am glad she decided to join this crazy, loud, but awesome family.

Grandma Char.
She is my favorite. Some of my most favorite memories have taken place at grandmas house. She would sing me songs when I was going to sleep,  she let us come to her creamery and eat the sweets she made, she took us shopping and let us pick out a present, and she always gave the best hugs.  Some of my favorite times were when she and I were laying in her front room and stayed up talking for hours. She told me stories about growing up, college, and experiences she has gone through. I will always remember that night. One day, I am planning to name one of my daughters Charlotte, after her.

Jody.
I don't even know where to begin. Jody is incredible. She listens to great music, has my dream house, has a great style, and is crazy-fun. When I am shopping and have a choice to make, I think to myself  "WWJC"- What Would Jody Choose? And then, I pick the one I know she would like. Jody is constantly checking up on me and I know I can talk to her about anything and everything. When I grow up, I wanna be like her.

Lori.
Growing up, we lived about 45 minutes away from their family. I looked forward to every Sunday because we would spend it with them. Lori always makes me feel pretty and good about myself. She has always treated me like one of her own. I know that she would do anything in the world for me. I am so grateful that she was such a huge part of growing up for me.

Tricia.
My mom has always said that I should have been one of Tricia's kids. There are times when I am talking with her and I can see what my mom meant by that. Tricia is absolutely terrific and has a good outlook on things. Last year I was at church and went to her Young Women's class and she gave the lesson. I remember feeling so happy and lucky that she was my aunt. That this amazing woman is related to me and I get to be her niece

I have a pretty great family. When we get together it is crazy and hectic, but I love every second of it. I love them and am grateful to have them all in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment