Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Procrastinating Procrastination.
You know those people that always get straight A's, do their homework as soon as they get home, ask the teacher extra questions, they have made a habit of doing their chores, they keep 3 agendas, and do exactly as they are told? The kind of people that you find yourself wanting to flick or maybe even pull their hair? Yehh, that is me .All my life I have been somewhat of an over-achiever. Do to the fact that stress is not something that I like in my life, I do all that I can to make my life go smoothly. Hence I do everything as I should and when I should. If the teacher gave us an assignment that was due in 3 weeks, I would have it done within that week. Parents are probably thinking "Oh my, what a perfect child," while teenagers are like, "Oh my gawsh. What the heck? Who does that? Live your life nerd!" Yeh, I know that I should act like a teenager instead of an adult. Go out on the weekends, party it up(righteously), enjoy being with other people, and just living life. After a long while ( a few years) I finally realized that, and over Christmas Break of this year I decided I wanted to become a teenager. And that is exactly what I did and I do not regret it one bit. Life has just been great and I love being careless and not feeling guilty about not being perfect all the time. It is 'the life'. But, now that I have fallen into the category of being a 'teenager' I find myself not wanting to do anything school related at all. Procrastinating has become frequent in my life and it kinda freaks me out because this has never been apparent in my nature. Now, I get home from school and throw my bag on my bed, look at it and walk away. Biology? I'll think about it later. English? Ehh its not due for another day and I can just finish it in seminary. Algebra 2? Whatever. Part of me knows that this is a terrible habit I am getting into...and luckily I can discipline myself into not getting to be a horrid procrastinator... Yehhp.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment