I like that we have ways to measure time. Days, months, weeks, years. To be able to specifically look at a moment in time and really remember. And I like memories. How we can pick them out specifically into people, places, things. Or group moments together into a feeling, an emotion. I like being able to look back and see progress, failures, milestones, and transitions. How we overcame things we never thought we would be able to. How we should have done that one thing and sometimes it still comes back to haunt you. How we are glad that it actually didn't go how we wanted, because in the end it was better. How we felt so strongly about that one situation. How you have changed- for better or worse. How moments lead to the other and you get to see the result. How things connect and how some just can't add up. How you would have done things differently. Those parts that make us who we are, that make us human. I love it. And how we take all those things and have a say in what we choose to do with them. To learn from them or to drag us down. To continue on and grow, or to regret, or maybe just take a moment to figure it out.
It really amazes me how many things really do change in a year (and how many of those stupid cliché sayings really are accurate). Throughout the year their are moments when I think back to a year ago. Think about where I was, how I was, who I was. Every single year we change SO much from the things we go through. And maybe it's not your personality that changes, but it's your thoughts, it's your goals, it's your priorities, it's your actions. I LOVE that about life. That we don't ever have to be stuck. That we don't have to be stagnant and unchangeable. That when we feel like out life is that way, it really won't stay like that. And I like that we don't just change over night...and that there are times where you can pick out the specific moment that changed you, and other times you just can't and that it just happened over a course of time. I think it is exhilarating and opens opportunity for a constant adventure and a constant reminder that we truly get to choose how we want our life to be. We get to have a say on where we want to go and how we want to feel and when we need to make changes. Let's choose something right here, right now. Something to get us closer to where we want to be tomorrow- just because we can.
xoxo
Bailey


No comments:
Post a Comment