Saturday, October 18, 2014
Life lesson of the week
There are so many things I want to do. So many things I want to experience and I want to have. So many things that I want to be. Especially when I think of my future and being a wife and mother. I want to be a good mom. And a good wife. Not just a fun mom, or the best friend mom, or the careless mom, but a genuinely good mom. Not just a nice wife, or a pretty wife, or a cooking wife but a good wife. Of all the things that this life has to offer, to me, family is the most important. It is the main thing that I want success in. Because in this life, families are kind of crazy and everywhere. And that is okay, and things happen, and life happens and no one is perfect. But for me personally, I never want my husband and children to question that I love them and that I would do anything for them. I never want them to not trust me and I never want them to be disappointed in me because they know I can be better. I want to teach them things about life from my own personal experiences. I want to be real with them and let them know that it is okay to make mistakes. That it is okay to feel emotion. That it is okay to be sad sometimes. That it is okay to learn things. That it is okay to be real.
I want to have family traditions that they look forward to. I want them to have a relationship with their aunts, uncles, and grandparents. I want them to know that each day I have done my best to provide for them and make them happy. I want to be a mom and wife that makes family dinner as often as I can. I want to be a mom and wife that decorates the house and it looks like pinterest threw up everywhere. I want to be the mom that my kids know will come outside and play with them when they ask. I want to be a wife that does cute and special surprises for my husband. I want to be a mom that let's my kids play with my hair when I just spent hours on it. I want to communicate effectively with my husband and have unconditional love and support for him. I want to choose to laugh at all the crazy things they do even if I have every reason to be mad. I want to have family nap time and family trips and family dates. I want to be patient and kind. I want to not lose my temper when they aren't perfect. Or when things don't go as planned. Or when I spent the day cleaning and the kids just want to play. I want to be the wife and mom that goes above and beyond. But one thing that I have learned is that I can want all of these things but nothing will come of it unless I personally make it happen.
I have to begin doing these things NOW. Obviously I don't have children....heck I don't even have a boyfriend (someone date me?) but I can begin to prepare for my future now and I have to. I can't just say oh one day I will do this and be this way and imagine a life that I want unless I am continually being the person I want to be.I can't sit here and just imagine myself as a mom that makes dinner every night and decorates the house cute if I don't start doing those things now. I can't expect myself to just one day be good at all these things I want to be and do. I have to find ways to adapt them to my life now. And build on them each and every day. We can't expect to be all these great things unless we actually begin to do them.
xo
bailey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment