Hey Bay, I know life gets hard. I know sometimes it sucks. I know sometimes no matter how much you are giving or trying it still doesn't seem to be enough. It can be exhausting. To live in a world where self acceptance comes from how many likes a picture with filters and a perfect caption gets... Or how many favorites a tweet you spent 10 minutes coming up with 7 different ways how to say it gets... Or how many people like your status on Facebook that you really just got from Pinterest. Yah, it's so stupid but it's also so real.
I know how easy it is to compare yourself to others. But sometimes we are only seeing the parts of their lives they want us to see. Because who doesn't want to appear to be perfect? Who doesn't want people to envy their life? Because who wants to admit their flaws and insecurities? No one. Because sometimes we don't even want to admit them to ourselves. But we all have them. We are all human. That fact still doesn't make things easier though.
I know it's hard to always be confident in yourself because you're so worried that if you try and fail that people will have expected that from you. I know it's hard to always act like you have it together but you don't, so it's okay to not be okay sometimes. I know it's hard to be hopeful about things because you are so nervous that if you hope for it, it will never happen because the universe is against you. I know it's tough to be strong all the time because people need you to be but sometimes you just have to fake it til you make it. I know it's scary to put yourself out there and go outside your comfort zone but you just have to because sometimes those are the greatest moments.
I know it's easy to feel alone. It's easy to be sad. It's easy to want to give up. It's easy to have hatred and to blame people and shut everyone out. But that's not what you are about. That mindset is not okay. You are about pushing forward and living the life you want to live. Each and everyday you tell people that at any moment they can choose how they want their lives to be..take your own advice. And replace the bad thoughts with the good thoughts because it IS that easy.
xo
Yourself
No comments:
Post a Comment