I've never drank beer or alcohol.
I don't smoke or chew tobacco.
I believe sex is for marriage.
I don't like completely vulgar music and I don't enjoy rated R movies.
I've never said the "F" word.
Yes, I am Mormon, but that's not why I don't do those things.
For me and my life, I think I'll stay the happiest by making those choices.
I believe that families can be together forever.
I believe that God and Jesus love us all with all of their hearts.
I believe that revelation and inspiration can still happen today and that it is beneficial to this life.
I believe that the Bible and the Book of Mormon are both incredible and here on this earth for our benefit.
I believe that 2 temple worthy people can get sealed in the temple for time and eternity and that that is pure happiness.
Yes, I am Mormon, and that is why I believe those things.
I do not feel like I've missed out on life because of my values. I feel like they are there to keep me happy and to prevent me from lots of pain and regret. I do not hate others who have different life styles and I think everyone has to figure stuff out for themselves. We all have had such different lives and experiences and all make certain choices based on those things. I think it is such a blessing that we can make our own decisions and live out our lives the way we want.
Throughout High School there was always someone who had something to say about Mormons. Someone to poke fun, to roll their eyes at, and bash. And you know what? That's okay that they did that because it didn't change the things I know. And sometimes it made me just want to hug them because the church can be seen so differently on the outside and I just wish everyone can see the happiness of it. I just always wished they would actually learn the facts about it, and not just what they "heard" or think they heard. I don't expect everyone to instantly agree with the Gospel. I don't expect everyone to even want to hear about it and learn about it. But, I do expect people to respect my own personal choice of being LDS.
I've seen miracles. I've had experiences in my life that I know couldn't have happened otherwise. I've felt things that I couldn't even explain to you if I tried. I've had moments of pure serenity and peace and comfort because of prayer. I have faith and a strong testimony of the LDS church. I know my Heavenly Father has a plan for me. I know Christ died for me and all of my sins. I know I can be forgiven and that God's grace and Christ's acceptance is unlike anyone else's.
If you have questions, just ask. Don't assume and judge and be against. You wouldn't want me to do that to you about something you are passionate about.
Also, If you are curious, here is what the Mormon church is about.
http://mormon.org/
xo
bailey
You're amazing. FINALLY catching up on your blog. And you're such a great example!!
ReplyDelete