
Be Bona Fide. When I came across their Instagram account I was instantly OBSESSED (you will be too! click on the link to get to their website). I can't even tell you how much I LOVE this campaign & what it stands for. "Realness" is one of the things I'm most passionate about. I think it is one of the most beautiful qualities a person can have. I love when people can open up and admit things they don't love about themselves, things that scare them, parts of their past, things that make them them and are REAL. I've made it a goal in my life to try and be as real as I can because I feel it can help others to know they are not alone and that we all have similar struggles and trials.
Social media makes being real hard because a lot of the times we filter our lives to appear perfect. Which results in comparing ourselves constantly! I hate it. It's the worst, but it happens and we all do it. Naturally we don't have a strong desire to post a picture of our messy house, failed pinterest meal, or bad hair day. And that's okay, but I think sometimes we care a little bit TOO much.
"That picture only got 10 likes in 2 minutes, I'm going to delete it."
"It ONLY got 1233294129777 likes? Ugh."
"I already posted one picture today so I can't double post."
*takes 12 minutes just to come up with a perfect caption*
"I'm going to follow that person so they will follow me, then unfollow them so I can get more followers."
So here's me, keeping it real&opening up about something really personal: Sometimes I think it's easy to be your own worst enemy. To compare yourself to everyone else & have this image in your head about how you "should" look and be. And at times I would obsess over it to unhealthy degrees. There's been times in my life when I would meet people & just expect them not to like me because I didn't feel I was as pretty as other girls, so why would they? Times when everytime I would eat I would just tell myself repeatedly how fat & ugly I am until I would just stop eating all together. It was one of the worst times in my life. Times when I thought people would just give me compliments out of pity. Times when my confidence was based on other people's approval of me because I had none. So I would focus on Instagram likes, facebook likes, text messages, snapchat friends, and twitter retweets. And I bet most people wouldn't have ever guessed these things about me, but it's true. And it's a part of my life I have to work on every day.
And I've learned that you have to love yourself before you can expect others to love you. And confidence is SOO important & such an attractive quality. That it's okay to acknowledge how fabulous you are. So here's to loving yourself & being good to yourself.
Go to their website and join the campaign! Help spread the word about being REAL and loving yourself!! You can download the "confessions" paper for free and make sure to use #bebonafide #bonafideconfessions so others can be inspired:) Guys, LET'S GET REAL!
xoxo
bay
No comments:
Post a Comment