Monday, March 10, 2014

almost-quarter-life-crisis

I think I am going through an almost-quarter-life-crisis thinking about my future. I feel like I am running out of time. I know that's a ridiculous thought, seeing as I'm not even 20, but for some reason I just feel... frustrated. That I haven't done anything spectacular in my life yet. I've lived the average life. I had a good childhood,  awkward middle school years, and life-changing-self-discovery high school years. I had incredible friends and family, participated in sports, and got good grades. When I graduated High School, I knew exactly what profession I wanted to go into, and I knew exactly how to do it. So I am there doing it right now. I'm accomplishing what I set out to do. And it's been a hard and rigorous program that makes me cry every once and a while but I will be graduated in May 2015. Sounds awesome, right? It is. And I am so fortunate to have this opportunity to be doing exactly what I wanted...but thinking about it today  I realized I will be GRADUATED. In other words, I will have a GROWN UP job. A  8-5 Monday-Friday good paying job making dem dolla billz. And that is great and what I want...but not yet. There's so much commitment with that. And there are so many things I want to do and so many places I want to see.  I want to participate in humanitarian projects and I want to travel travel travel. I can't really do that with a steady job. But, I can't do any of those things without a steady job because I wont have money... #problems. So I'm trying to figure things out. I spent the night looking into Traveling PTA jobs, humanitarian projects, and foreign PTA internships... because I don't want to grow up yet. I wanna DO things. I don't wanna live my life wishing I had done this or that... I wanna DO it.

xo
bailz

No comments:

Post a Comment