Saturday, July 21, 2012

It's about time this enters the Blogosphere.

So.
There is this boy....
&He is currently serving a mission.
No, he is not my missionary, but we write one another and I may or may not think he is exceptionally great.
His family was in my ward when we moved here when I was 11.
But I really don't remember him at all...
Anyways.
5 years later I officially met him at a bonfire and came home that night thinking to myself that I wanted to be better acquainted with this guy.
We messaged one another on facebook a few times after that and I told him happy birthday..
I know, pretty steamy right there. Not. 
He invited me to his mission farewell and I would be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to it.
I assumed it would be pretty awkward for the fact that we didn't know each other that well, but I had this strong feeling that I needed to go.
The night before his farewell I saw him at a restaurant.
He waved to me...and a normal person would wave back..cause naturally that's what people do.
Me? I freaked out and did this awkward half wave with an awkward smile on my face and sat down really super fast.
I know, I'm a gem.
I was mortified and decided I couldn't go to his farewell after that.
But, I figured I needed to redeem myself.
So the next morning I went with a friend.
Best decision ever.
It was...incredible.
I don't know how else to describe it.
The entire time I was just filled with thousands of emotions and shades of happiness.
I remember coming home and writing about it in my journal and how his talk had such a big impact on me and my life and how he was really an all around good guy.
Which sounds kind of silly...but I can't really describe it all.
After continually arguing with myself for 4 months I decided to write him.
Next best decision.
I absolutely have been loving writing him.
It strengthens my own testimony every time I write a letter to him and read a letter from him.
I love sharing my testimony with him and sharing scriptures...I love to hear about the experiences that he has and the love that he has for the gospel and the people he teaches.
Whether something comes from this or not, I am grateful that this friendship came to me at the time that it has.
Yay for boys who decide to serve the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment