I was never one of those girls who dreamt about going to Prom one day. Yeh, dresses were pretty and the girls looked like princesses, but it just wasn't me...which I find a little funny about myself. I always kind of wished I was more into it, but I wasn't. It's not that I didn't want to go, but rather, I didn't want to get my hopes up. I didn't want to spend my life hoping for something amazing and extravagant and then be let down...but my mindset has been changed and I am almost giddy with excitement.
One thing that you should know about me is that i hate trying on clothes. I love shopping and buying clothes, but having to try everything on just about kills me... So this weekend when we were going to go Prom dress shopping, I had sincere mixed emotions. Trying on dress after dress may seem appealing to some girls, but for me it was not a fun thought. I decided that I wanted to make this a great experience because I guess it could be considered a stepping stone in a girls life. So I did. I had a good attitude about it all until after 2 hours. By that time I was just done. There hadn't been a dress that made me feel different and special, and ssecretly I had been hoping that we would find a dress that would make me have a 'movie moment'. I was ready to just settle for one.
I gave it one last shot and we went to a little Boutique downtown. The moment I looked through the window, I saw the most gorgeous dress ever. It was me. It was the exact color I had hoped for and basically everything I had hoped for in a dress that I thought would be unrealistic. I tried it on and it fit perfectly. I finally had that 'moment' I had been wanting.
I can't wait to post pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment