Wednesday, February 22, 2012

there has to be.

I am a strong believer in the cliche "Everything happens for a reason." I know it does. Maybe my faith in it comes more from me hoping and wanting things to have a purpose and reason. Maybe it is just to help life make more sense and appear more bearable for myself. Maybe it's just me being selfish? I don't know, but I won't back down.

I'd like to believe that the reason my best friend didn't die after getting ran over by a car was so that she could come into my life. So that she could teach me patients, and that I cant control everything that happens in this life, and to just not worry about the unnecessary. I honestly don't know what I would do if it would've been her time to go, because I couldn't have lived these past few years without her by my side.

I'd like to believe that the reason why my dad accepted that  job offer a few years ago that caused us to move away from our comfortable lives was a blessing . About 2 months after we moved my dads old office completely shut down. If we were to have stayed our family would have suffered.

I'd like to believe that the reason I have suffered from anxiety since grade 5 is so that I could have a reason to  rely on my parents and my Heavenly Father to help me realize and learn things about life I wouldn't have otherwise. I grew in ways that I didn't think possible. I also think that now, after going through all those experiences I can help others.

I'd like to believe that the reason why my other friend's best friend moved away was so that she (my friend) could become one of my best friends and be an outlet for me and bring me back to reality when I need it. She has become a piece of me that I didn't know was even missing.

I'd like to believe that the reason I was born when I was was so that I could experience Harry Potter and grow up with it. Haha, I know, all the other ones are pretty deep, but this one was completely necessary.

I'd like to believe that the reason I've kept journals since I was 8 years old is because one day they will have a greater purpose. Whether it is for me, or for others, I feel as though they have meaning and purpose behind them.

I'd like to believe that the reason I injured my shoulder last year was to teach me dedication and value and to save me from pushing myself too far and too hard this year.

I'd like to believe that the reason my sister has been continually sick for over 50 days has a purpose. I don't have any idea what it might be , but I know there's a reason. There has to be.  It's hard and sometimes seems unbearable, but I know that it's not happening just because.

I know that there's a greater purpose for everything we encounter in our lives. Even if it is small, I know there is one. I know that if we just have faith that everything will work out and be okay, that it will be.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you. This is so super true. I always need that reminder because this has been a rough patch in my life. Thanks for bringing ME back into reality. :) I love you.

    ReplyDelete