This was a much needed weekend in my life. 10 of my favorite girls and 3 of my favorite ladies took a trip to Salt Lake City. First Stop: Tai-Pan. AKA Heaven on Earth. That place is amazing. I could have stayed there and shopped all day long. We each got a certain amount of "money" and we had to design a room within that budget. One day that room will come to life, promise.
Then we went to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and got a back stage tour for the Bridal Show happening the next day. It was incredible. Thumbs up to serious connections, yo. We got to see all of the rooms and meet some of the decorators. We went up to the restaurant on the top floor and I instantly made it a life goal to go there one day with my future hubby. Totes romantic. After a few hours of that we headed out to take pictures on Temple Square and go eat some grub. Did I mention that snailing was completely necessary? Cause it was.
After a near-death experience of trying to the ice skating rink and a parking place we got to go and ice skate. I hadn't been since I was a wee-little-one and so it was quite the experience. Surprisingly I only fell 4 times and knocked one person over, so I'll consider that a sincere accomplishment.
That night we had a HUGE sleepover party and watched She's The Man and Another Cinderella Story. After zonking out we woke up the next morning to go to the Bridal Show. That was the best thing of my entire life. I'll be honest, I was never one of those teenage girls to constantly day dream about their wedding and have everything planned out until Pinterest, and this was Pinterest in real life. Cakes, dresses, brides, photographers, photobooths, tables, flowers...it was a dream. Not to mention that I found my future wedding cake AND dress.
No comments:
Post a Comment